Sonntag, 1. Juni 2008

1 YEAR OLD

Danie turned one year old last Wednesday, May 28, 2008.

Total. Awe.

I cannot believe that 1 full year has passed. I'm still quite speechless. Last March 2007, Tony Chavez visited Cebu to pick Veni up and had her finally be with him in the States after the whole visa deal has been approved. Anyway, over that sinful Warm Cup Brownie of La Marea, we had the usual jokes and stupid conversations and he mentioned casually, "I cannot believe you'll be a mom! You would be the last person I'd imagine as a mom!" and while everyone else tends to agree, I must say I shocked even myself with how minimal, thank god, the challenges were. I remember asking Tony, "You think I'd be a good mom?" to which he replied, "I don't know. Let's wait after the first year, if she still has all 10 fingers and toes, then I'd say you are amazing!"

Big smile! OK, I said minimal challenges, which is true taking into account how there have been NO health issues. Sure, there's the typical fever and colds and cough and waking up at night, and that's it.

I guess you just won't really know how much you can love someone else unless you have a child. You can have a boyfriend, or a husband and yes, you can love him with all your heart but then he can break your heart and yes you'll forgive him, but with your own child, it's a "see no evil, hear no evil" case. A parent's bias, I guess. But maybe that's just for now.

Anyway, Danie is growing more beautiful each day. She is a friendly, happy and healthy baby. She is very smart and very brave. Smart because she easily figures out her toys and other scenarios she's in. And brave because she's not afraid to try new things like walking (she sometimes forgets she still doesn't know how) and how she doesn't cry during vaccinations, and how she's not afraid of dogs, cats, birds, chickens, bugs (yes bugs, I think she loves them) and cousin Gabe ;-)

She smiles a lot because she knows she is loved by a lot of people. I tell her every day without fail, "Danie, mommy and papa love you very, very much."

And even when she's 50, she will still be mommy's baby girl, uh-oh.

So some pics:

4 gifts from mommy and papa


First guests with the balloons: Tito Nikko and Tita Van


With some kids (cousins-slash-aunts-and-uncles)



With Tita Dianne


With Lola Tetel


Preparing in the kitchen with Elaine


With Mommy and Granddy (during the short thanksgiving)



The Birthday Cake!


"Blowing" the candle










Eating a banana (she likes bananas)


Slicing the cake



Licking some icing




With her gifts









5 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I do not think I would ever say that you would be the last person I could picture being a mommy. I do have a filter between my brain and my mouth...gosh....and anywho Danielle has all 10 fingers and all 10 toes so good job! we need to chat online sometime so i can tell you all about veni's pregnant drama... and you can tell me more about Germany! take it easy kiddo

RoWie hat gesagt…

hi dens, please check your yahoo. i sent an email. thanks!

Unknown hat gesagt…

Dens,

Happy happy birthday to Danie! :-)

And I think you are doing an amazing job being a hot sexy momma.. which leads me to my next comment.. girl you lost weight! Grabe wheetwheww na jud! Howdya do it?

Miss you both!

Anonym hat gesagt…

hi dens ... a belated happy bday to danie! .. she's grown .. i didn't recognize her at first with her newest pics ... hehehehe :) chubby still .... enjoy being a lovely mom dens .. as i am now with my girl too ...

Anonym hat gesagt…

hi densia!

super belated happy bday to daniel.
pakusi-a ko sa baby beh! maghimo pud mi amo para naa na playmate si recca.hehehehe

hope to see yah!!!