Dienstag, 14. Juli 2009

BORACAY '08-'09

Boracay is perhaps the number one tourist destination in the Philippines. Having been there for 10 days, I can understand why. I was never a fan of this beach. It is known for its parties and foreigners and expensive restaurants, not exactly a vacation target for someone like me with my previous income. I was more a fan, and still is, of Bantayan. It's quiet in Bantayan, for some maybe even too quiet. But I like it. Plus, with all its beauty, the place is relatively inexpensive. But anyway, the plan to spend New Year in Boracay materialized sometime in April 2008 when I was in Germany on a Schengen Visa. And just like that, Karsten applied for his vacation leaves from work, September I started booking tickets and hotel rooms and then 10 beautiful days in Boracay!

2 very close friends: Jimmy Uy and Gail Canton joined us there. On New Year's Eve, Danie stayed up until 10 minuted before the fireworks started, a mere 2 meters away from us. Jimmy gave us the sweetest gift (since he is also a godparent): he carried Danie for almost an hour while Karsten and I relaxed for a while! He made it possible for Karsten and I to kiss as we met 2009! Cheesy as it may be, it was the first New Year we spent together so it was a bit special.

The gist of the 10 days:

Sleeping late
Waking up late
Yummy meals
Yummy and affordable cocktails (happy hour!!)
Danie laughing (ok there were also crazy crying moments but I choose to remember the laughter)
Pizza and beer on the shore
Karsten signed up for a 6 session dive in some of the interesting dive spots and while he did this, Jimmy, Gail, Danie and I walked around Boracay
Sunset Sailing (because I have the best boyfriend ever!)
Massage on the shore
SOTB (the drink of course...)

Pictures that will follow are simply my top pics among perhaps hundreds that were taken during those 10 days between Karsten and my cameras!

Silvester












New Year's Day 2009



















I think this will be all for today. I'm pretty sure I will just post Boracay pictures tomorrow, just to get it done with ;-)

Keine Kommentare: