Sonntag, 3. August 2008

Günther-Klotz-Anlage

I think this is the name of the pretty park we went to one laid back Saturday afternoon in KA. The thing about parks in Germany is that they are HUGE. I mean, before Germany, when one says park, I'd automatically associate it with Fuente (in Cebu) or Gaston Park and MacArthur Park (in CDO). And both are associated with illegal and illicit activities! But anyway, I can't come near saying, pronouncing the name of this park if indeed Günther-Klotz-Anlage is the name! It sounds like "Gunther is a klutz, isn't he"?

I just refer to it as, "that pretty place with a lake?" And Kasten would say, "Um, we went to lots of nice places with lakes." Ad I'd make another attempt, "You know, the one with a playgrounnd." And even though he knows which place it is that I mean, he gives me a hard time and says, "I'm not really sure, we did go to a lot of other playgrounds..." and me, "NO WE DID NOT! THE SCHLOSS GARTEN HAS NO PLAYGROUND! We went to this place that usually holds some free concerts during the summer, blah-blah-blah..." And then he gives me a break and admits, "Oh, you mean Günther-Klotz-Anlage?" And I'm, like, "Yeah, that, Gunther is a klutz, isn't he, whatever!"




Some nice views (with the "dead trees")


5 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

The Schlossgarten has two playgrounds -- one of them with boats!

Dennise hat gesagt…

Ok, well, maybe I didn't see the playgrounds, Karsten didn't take me there... and i didn't see any boats! hmph! :-P

Karsten hat gesagt…

there are no boats in winter/early spring :-)

and... is that lake a playground?

ebi hat gesagt…

hmm. spooky. I registered a google mail account, and now blogger knows who I am..

Well anyway, the place I'm thinking about is more of a playground then a lake (see here). So maybe we're thinking of different places.

Dennise hat gesagt…

nope, never been there!