Sonntag, 3. August 2008

My First Castle Experience

As you'd know, or maybe you wouldn't, there are no castles in the Philippines. And well, my idea of a castle is a bit romanticized by the Walt Disney castle which apparently was inspired from the Neuschwanstein castle in Bavaria, Germany. So, one of the places I wanted to see was das Schloss (the castle) in Karlsruhe. It was a bit "modern" in that I mean the towers and the rambling parts of castle in my mind were missing. But my gosh, the garden was soooo amazing! I'm not sure if I'm explaining this part well so feel free to correct me: it's actually the center of the city such that all major roads fan out and lead to it.

Here are some pictures:










It was such a pretty day! The first day that I dared to wear my stiletto heels which I therefore learned to never wear again (hint: cobblestones!).

3 Kommentare:

Karsten hat gesagt…

yep, Karlsruhe is the "fan city" :-)

http://maps.google.de/maps?f=q&hl=de&geocode=&q=schlossplatz+Karlsruhe&mrt=all&sll=49.015469,8.403683&sspn=0.034901,0.062742&ie=UTF8&ll=49.013921,8.404799&spn=0.017451,0.031371&t=h&z=15

Karsten hat gesagt…

..and now clickable: fan city

Dennise hat gesagt…

omg, wait, i have no pics of the castle! lol! um, i'll add more when I come across some..